Journey to Freedom is a 13 week personal development programme for women who have experienced domestic violence.
It provides a safe and supportive group process to enable women to explore their experiences of domestic violence and the possible impact upon themselves and their children. The support group provides knowledge to enable women to build self confidence, make informed choices and create positive change. Journey to Freedom empowers women to look to the future with positivity and hope.
How can Journey to Freedom help you?
If there is physical, emotion, financial or sexual abuse in your relationship, Journey to Freedom can help you to:
- meet other women to talk about experiences, thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive environment
- recognise the impact of an abusive relationship on you and your children
- find out about patterns within an abusive relationship and gain the knowledge and strength to create change
- build your self-esteem and confidence and learn how to keep safe
- make choices that are right for you
- develop a more positive outlook
- improve relationships and attachments with children, and
- increase confidence in parenting role and abilities.
I feel that it showed me I have rights and choices and I am allowed to feel again. Journey to Freedom participant
It made me more aware and enabled me to look back and realise I am not alone and it is not my fault Journey to Freedom participant
There are other women in the same boat as myself and think we can support and help each other Journey to Freedom participant
Contact us to find out more about Journey to Freedom
Journey to Freedom is Funded by the Policing & Community Safety Partnership