Evening and Weekend Refuge Activity Worker
We are recruiting an Evening and Weekend Refuge Activity Worker. This post is funded by Ards and North Down Policing and Community Safety Partnership and is a fixed term until the end of February 2022
Terms: Fixed term contract until the end of February 2022.
Hours: Evening and Weekends. Number of hours available are flexible, based on rota system.
Salary: £9.07 per hour (£17,450.68 per annum pro rata 37 hours equivalent)
Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata
Pension: 4% employee contribution, 8% employer contribution
Summary of Post
- To provide support services to women living in Refuge, who are or who have experienced domestic and sexual violence/abuse.
- To plan and carryout organised activities with women in refuge.
- To provide assistance to women in refuge and liaise with the on-call worker if the need arises.
- To assist the on-call worker with welcoming and integrating women, children and young people into North Down and Ards Women’s Aid refuge services.
- To record any changes to the risk management plans and ensure this is relayed to relevant Support Worker.
- Ensure the completion of relevant checks and paperwork as and when required in line with the Healthand Safety policy & procedures and QMT requirements.
- Room preparation as required.
Applicants should have
- Some experience of working in a client facing role.
- Some understanding of women and children’s issues in the area of domestic and sexual violence/abuse.
- GCSE (or equivalent) standard of education.
The closing date is 12pm on Friday 23 July 2021.
If you have any problems downloading the application pack, please contact us.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
In order to comply with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (Northern Ireland) Order 2007, North Down & Ards Women’s Aid are required to explore the successful candidate’s suitability to work with vulnerable adults and children through ACCESS NI pre-employment screening.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.